Saturday, March 12, 2011

Caden's Fourth Month

Wowzers we have got a talker on our hands! Caden has found his vocal cords and he is not afraid to use them! Caden giggled for his first time in his 4th month. His daddy was on the ground with him, tickling his belly and he chuckled a few times. It was sooo cute. Then about a week later Corkie, our dog, was doing his usual annoying routine of barking at Luke when he leaves and Caden just bust out laughing. I mean full on rolling on the floor laughing. It was the most beautiful sound ever and I had waited 4 whole months for it! We went to our 4 month pedi appointment and Caden had grew 2 inches and gained 2 pounds. Tall and Lanky just like his daddy :) We started solids in our 4th month. It may be earlier than some people but it was just the right time for us. We had our cereal in the morning, 2 veggies at lunch and 2 veggies at dinner. Of course we still full time nursed during the day. I started working on tues and thurs at my churches daycare with my sister in law Missie and Caden was not fond at first. He wanted his mommy all to himself and he didnt understand why I was giving other children attention. He got used to it though and its good for him to be around other kiddos. We also booked our first family trip to visit my grandparents in Arizona in June. Caden will be almost 9 months by then and we are flying with him. It will be Very interesting to see how our first vacation with a baby goes. Wish us Luck! The other night we tried putting Caden in his crib for the first time. At first I didnt know if I was ready because I'm still so paranoid of Sids and other horrible things happening to him, but I figured it was time to at least try! We feed him dinner, gave him a bath, changed him, nursed him and read him a story. I loved on him and finally put him in his crib. We shut the door and turned on our video monitor and hoped for the best. The best never came. He screamed bloody murder for an hour and twenty mins until he finally fell asleep and I cried right along with him. I wanted so badly to go pick him up but if I did I knew all that crying would be for nothing. We were relieved when he finally went to sleep and we went to bed ourselves. Fifty mins later he was up again screaming. I went in there and got him and brought him to bed with me. We are not ready. At least not for bedtime. I have been working on naps this week and we will go from there. Maybe we will get him in his bed before he is 5. He is totally itching to crawl so maybe I will have that exciting news next! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment