Thursday, January 20, 2011

Caden's First Month

Wow were to begin. There were so many nights Luke and I thought to ourselves " What did we get ourselves into?" Now of course we don't know what we would do without our precious little one. I remember that first night in the hospital, geez we didn't get sleep for sure. Between nurse's coming in and out, Caden screaming from being taken out of his nice warm home 3 weeks early and the awful hospital bed, we were misrable! Caden was so small. He was 7 pounds 3 ounces when he was born and he just seemed so fragile and small. Nursing has been a struggle from the very beginning and I know now why formula was invented but we are sticking it out and going strong! As we were leaving the hospital I was so scared. For the last 9 months I had prepared myself for this but when the time actually comes and you go to the hospital without a baby and leave the hospital with a baby its a pretty intense situation. Luke and I took shifts at first with our sleeping. He took the first shift and I had second. Caden slept great during the day and of course was restless at night. He ate all the time! I felt like a human juice box. And when they say you will go threw 6-8 diapers a day they mean it. At about 3 weeks we noticed something strange with Caden's behavior. He was so fussy all day and night from 9-12 EVERY night he screamed and screamed! There was no consoling him. I can't even tell you how many times we loaded him up in the car and drove around the houses in Burk. It was nice in November and December at least since there was plenty of pretty Christmas lights to look at. Eventually we found out from our pedi that Caden had a comman case of colic. Yeah comman alright, it's comman that parents with colicy babies want to jump off a bridge. The first month was for sure the hardest, esp for being a first time mommy. It was such a give give relationship. I gave Caden baths, changed his diaper, feed him, loved on him. Tried to be the best mommy I could be and he was so young at that stage I couldn't even get a smile in! I wish I could remember more about his first month but with being so sleep deprived and shell shocked it all flew by in a flash. All I know is I love him more than anything in this world and I'm so thankful Luke and I are his parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment